Wednesday, February 13, 2013

2013 so far...

Oh man, has 2013 been an interesting year so far! In December I ended up quitting my job. It was a hard decision for us to make, and was preceded by months of stress and indecision, but in the end it was the best choice. I would have been leaving in May anyway, but work circumstances made leaving in December necessary. So for the past 2 months I've been enjoying being a housewife! Sometimes it's kind of difficult, as it's reminiscent of my time spent unemployed for all those months in 2009, but for the most part I'm really enjoying being at home this time.

Andrew is back in school for Spring semester and busier than ever, and I'm loving being able to actually be around to make real dinner and keep things in order so he can focus on school and work. Most of all, I'm loving getting ready for our little girl to get here in May! There's been a whole lot of baby preparation going on for months now and I LOVE having a house full of baby stuff! Time has gone by fairly fast, but for the last couple of weeks it has been DRAGGING and I'm just trying to stay busy to pass the time. We painted the nursery a couple weeks ago, and last week we finally put her crib together. There's still lots to be done in the nursery, but it's getting there! The more that gets done, the more real it all feels!

We're down to just 12 weeks now, but I keep feeling like she's going to show up the beginning of May instead of the middle--maybe it's just wishful thinking though! Luckily I've felt pretty good the whole time, and apart from some serious exhaustion in the beginning, I haven't been all that miserable at all. I guess I'll probably survive another 12 weeks, but I'm just so anxious and excited for her to finally be here!

At this point we're still tossing around a few name options (we do have a couple top picks but we'll see what happens), and I'm still a little panicked that she might get here before we make any real decisions, but we do have a middle name decided so I guess we're getting there!

Last weekend I got to make the drive down to Cedar City with my mom and sisters for my Uncle Rod's funeral. Apart from the sad circumstances, it was so much fun to spend time with them and a whole bunch of the Slack family for a couple of days! Now we settle back in to finish baby preparations and for Andrew to finish his second block of classes before May--which will hopefully finish a week before baby shows up!!

No comments:

Post a Comment