Friday, October 12, 2012

Update

Well, I guess it's about that time to give a little update on life again. So much has happened since March! In May (or around there) Andrew was accepted into the MBA program at the U. Shortly after he was also accepted into the MHA program (Masters of Health Administration) as well. So, that dear smart husband of mine will be in the MBA/MHA duel program for the next 3 years. I couldn't be more proud of him! It's going to be a long and grueling process, but we're sure it will be very worth the time and effort (and the money!) in the end--even if that feels very very far away.

So August came around, and with school just around the corner we went on one last escape before things got busy and overwhelming with school! So we headed to Disneyland for a week to celebrate our 2nd anniversary and to enjoy our last bit of free time together for the foreseeable future. Andrew's program will include summers for the next 3 years, and Fall breaks and football games apparently no longer are reason enough to cancel school so time off is very VERY limited :(

After our much needed Disney break from reality, we got back into the swing of things and Andrew started grad school at the end of August. He's now been through almost 2 months of classes and 1 set of midterms and is still hanging in there, even if I'm not. Turns out both of us working all day and then Andrew going straight from work to school til 10PM a couple times a week, finally getting home at 11:30, is not very fun for Andrew or for me. Especially because the other 5 nights of the week are generally spent studying until bed. To be honest, it's down right miserable and has been a HUGE adjustment so far. We know that we're luckier than most to work in the same place and get to have lunch together 3-4 days each week, and right now it's one of the few and far between moments where we get to have some actual downtime together. Andrew is just worn out, and I'm just sick of being without a husband all the time. I'm sure we'll adjust, it's just taking a little longer than anticipated.

Maybe all that free time will mean I'll blog more...

We're trying to make the most of the little time off school that Andrew does have, so we have weekend road trips planned to Washington AND Colorado next month. Apparently Utah football games are a good enough reason to spend a couple weekend on the road. Especially when doing so means a trip to Seattle, one of my favorite places on Earth, and spending time with family and enjoy the Pacific Northwest in the Fall <3

In other news...we finally hung pictures up in the house--after 8 months. On 1 wall in 1 room, but it's a start. I have plans to redo our bedroom in all my lovely husband-less free-time in the next couple of weeks as well. Maybe I'll even finally share pictures of the house, but don't hold your breath. Lets be honest, if we haven't gotten around to buying a dining room table in those 8 months, we have bigger problems than a lack of photos on the blog. Like for instance the fact that I don't think Andrew and I have a SINGLE picture of us from this entire last year. It's like the year that never happened...so maybe I need to actually TAKE some pictures and THEN I can work on getting them posted to the blog after that. Baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment