SOOO for the time being, I've taken up cooking in between my hours of pointless job searching. This is my way that I contribute to life at present, and it turns out that I'm actually a pretty decent cook. This surprised a lot of people including my sweet husband, but mostly it surprised me. Andrew's really worried though that if I keep cooking he's eventually going to get chubby. Right. That'll be the day.
However, come December 6th Andrew and I will finally be education free! It's a mixture of feelings when I think about not being a college student anymore. I keep considering taking up grad school next year (I'm not a big advocate of change), but every time I'm forced to do any kind of anything that could be classified as homework for my last class, I throw the idea of more school out the window. So I think I'll need a couple years to be prepared to do homework again. I won't miss that part, but I'll really miss having classes I actually liked about things I actually wanted to learn about. And most of all, I'll miss being a part of the U. Firstly, because the perks of being a student at U of U rock. Like rock your socks off rock. However, as long as Andrew stays on as staff at the U, we'll still get a lot of the perks. And I'm keeping my University student and staff id cards to use as long as I can possibly pass as my 18 year old me. I'm thinking it'll be for a few years to come, as so very many people still think I'm 17. There's nothing better than being 22 and getting carded at the movie theatre. That's happened a lot more than once.....the other thing I'll miss is just being on campus and being a college student. It's weird to think I'll never sit in a study group late at night cramming for a physiology final again, or be pissed off at group members who don't pretend to do any kind of anything that's the least bit helpful, or stay up all night long writing a paper in the library and slamming back Full Throttles until my teeth hurt from the sugar and I can't stop shaking. I think that with impending graduation comes the realization that I've passed that part of my life and it's time to actually move on into adulthood and the responsibility that comes with it. Maybe more than that though, I'll just miss the MUSS. There is nothing more fun than being in the Might Utah Student Section. I never in my wildest dreams ever thought I could love football as much as I've grown to. There's no better way to watch a football game than standing (because no one sits) with all your friends *and my dear husband*, decked out in red and screaming your lungs out for an amazing team, who even on off years is still amazing to watch. There's just nothing like the energy that you feel in the MUSS section and all through Rice-Eccles stadium (It's the same reason I love being in baseball stadiums). And it doesn't hurt that the Utes are freakin' awesome either.
Even after graduation though, I'll survive as long as I've got my expired Ucard and we can sneak into the MUSS section and pretend to still belong there next year. As long as I have football and the perks I think I'll make it through this transition into adulthood. Plus I've got Andrew, who's like a permanent souvenir from my college past that I get to keep forever. And I guess being grownups with grownup jobs and a real house and then babies might be better than being a college student. I don't know if it will ever beat football, but as long as I can have both, I think I'll get through it.
No comments:
Post a Comment